Paleo-friendly recipe for a chicken and vegetable stir-fry
A huge part of being healthy is taking into consideration what your putting into your body... obviously our store focuses primarily on the supplements side that can be used as tools to improve your results, however if you combine this with improved dietary choices you will get much better results.
Although we have no strong opinion for sticking to specific diets suggested by specific groups (Keto, Carnivor, Vegetarian, Paleo, etc), we do think its best to stick to foods that are organic, and local where possible, unprocessed and whole. Think of foods that come from the land, sea, rivers, or lakes, or grown in your own, or some body else garden. Keeping this in mind can make it much easier to decide what to buy in the grocery store, or farmers markets. Plus limiting the amount of processed foods in your home will directly benefit your appearance, longevity, immune health, and energy in the longer term.
Here's a recipe for a chicken and vegetable stir-fry that is easy to make and delicious.
- 2 Chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (could also use thighs)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or traditionally fermented soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: sliced green onions for garnish
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the extra virgin coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until browned on all sides.
- Add the sliced bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and broccoli florets to the skillet and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the skillet and stir-fry for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Drizzle the coconut aminos (or traditional fermented soy sauce) over the chicken and vegetables and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until everything is coated in the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sliced green onions (optional) and serve hot.
- You can use any combination of vegetables that you like in this recipe. Other options include mushrooms, carrots, snap peas, and bok choy.
- To make this recipe spicier, you can add red pepper flakes or diced jalapeños to the stir-fry.
- You can serve this stir-fry over cauliflower rice for a complete paleo meal. Simply grate cauliflower into rice-sized pieces and sauté in a separate skillet until tender.
Vegain - The Plant Based Mass GainerSo we just decided to bring in a new local (Nanaimo, BC, Vancouver Island) company into our store... …26th Feb 2023
Paleo-friendly recipe for a chicken and vegetable stir-fryA huge part of being healthy is taking into consideration what your putting into your body... obviou …18th Feb 2023
Does DRIPFIT Workout Intensifier actually Work?Hey, so we spent some time researching Dripfit as a company and the products they offered. This incl …16th Feb 2023